Looking for help, to help?

Photo provided by Sheila Laitinen For residents with property damage like this place in Lake Linden, a call to 211 can bring assistance. Those who wish to donate or help out can also call 211, Houghton County Administrator Eric Forsberg said Thursday.

HOUGHTON COUNTY — County Administrator Eric Forsberg wants anyone in need of assistance as a result of Sunday’s flooding to know the phone number they can call is simply 211.

Anyone in need of any kind of assistance, and anyone wanting to volunteer to assist can call 211, Forsberg said. Those wanting to donate food, clothing, household goods, bottled water or any other type of items also can call 211, he said.