Smoke, no fire: Microwave causes emergency call in Trimountain

Kali Katerberg/Daily Mining Gazette Local fire departments respond to an emergency call in Trimountain Thursday. Smoke was spotted after a culinary mishap.

TRIMOUNTAIN — An emergency call early Thursday afternoon was caused by a quickly-resolved culinary incident.

Area fire departments quickly responded to reports of smoke in a home on Sixth Street. Fortunately, the responsible microwave was located and resulted in no flames reported or hoses used.

“We’ll take 100 of these any day,” said First Lieutenant David Mattila.

Responding agencies were the Adams Township Fire Department, South Range Fire Department, Stanton ERT team, power company and Semco Energy Inc.

COMMENTS