Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Trail Report | Today in Print | Frontpage | Services | Home RSS
 
 
 

Hancock man injured in fraternity sauna explosion

Suffers severe burns

August 15, 2012
By GARRETT NEESE - DMG writer (gneese@mininggazette.com) , The Daily Mining Gazette

PORTAGE TOWNSHIP - A Hancock man is being treated for burns suffered in a sauna fire at the Beta Chapter of Theta Tau fraternity house this morning.

About 3:30 a.m., four people were taking a sauna when an explosion occurred inside, the Houghton County Sheriff's Office said.

A 26-year-old man was taken by a friend to Portage Health in Hancock for burn treatment. The man was later taken to a hospital in Duluth for further treatment.

The Hurontown Fire Department assisted at the scene.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web