To the editor:
I ask those who, for one reason or another, feel the Democratic Party is on their side and who plan on voting for President Obama, to please consider whether the following actions of the President represent your values:
1. On his third day as President, he made U.S. foreign aid available to international groups that promote and provide abortions, by overturning the Bush administration's Mexico City Policy that forbade such foreign aid;
2. He issued an executive order requiring all federal agencies to offer expanded benefits for same-sex couples;
3. He refuses to defend the Defense of Marriage Act, which defines marriage, in federal law, as a union between a man and a woman and protects states from being forced to recognize same sex marriages from other states;
4. He signed a bill, passed by a Democrat controlled Congress in 2009, that overturned a 13-year-long ban on funding abortions with tax dollars in the nation's capital;
5. All of his budgets call for taxpayer funding of abortions and more money for the nation's largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood;
6. His healthcare legislation, Obamacare, threatens religious liberty by forcing religious entities to provide health insurance plans that cover drugs that cause early abortion;
7. His Obamacare legislation also forces massive taxpayer funding of abortion;
8. He added two abortion activists to the Supreme Court, who are a major threat to the sanctity of life, traditional marriage and religious freedom;
9. Ignoring most of his top military leaders, he pushed through a repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," forcing open homosexuality on our nation's armed forces; and
10. He has the most pro-abortion administration of any president in history and continues to add pro-abortion advocates to the all levels of government and our nation's judiciary. The website lifenews.com has 14 pages of information concerning Obama's pro-abortion record as President.
The horrendous amount of $5 trillion Obama has added to our nation's debt, his job-killing Obamacare regulations/taxes and his fraudulent global-warming Environmental Protection Agency regulations that threaten our coal mining industry and electric utility industry (and our home electricity needs), are additional reasons to vote this man out of office, along with the Democratic candidates who support him.
To restore America's jobs, economy, values and greatness, we need leaders like Romney/Ryan, Pete Hoekstra, Dr. Dan Benishek, and Matt Huuki. Please vote for them on Election Day. Thank you.