Due to inclement weather, the following closures and cancellations are in effect for Wednesday, Feb. 20.
- All Houghton and Keweenaw County schools will be closed, along with all Houghton and Keweenaw County BHK centers.
- Michigan Tech is closed. Classes are canceled. The Little Huskies Child Development Center is closed. Only employees responsible for essential safety, building, grounds and residential operations should still report for work. Interviews scheduled for Career Fair participants will go on as arranged.
- Finlandia University offices will open at 9:00, and classes will begin at 10:10.
- The Gogebic Community College Copper Country Center will be closed today. A decision about evening classes will be made by mid-afternoon. (This changes their earlier announcement of a two-hour delay.)
- Northern Michigan University has canceled daytime classes. A decision about evening classes will be made by mid-afternoon.
- Copper Country Killer Whales swim practice is canceled today.
- Garbage Pickup in South Range is delayed until tomorrow.