Printing fundraiser thanks
To the editor:
On behalf of Copper Island Printing and owner Marc Norton, a huge heartfelt thank you to everyone that supported the fundraising opportunities to help keep Copper Island Printing alive while recovering from a burglary that wiped out all the layout & printing programs necessary to operate this business.
Special thanks to the following:
• Volunteers Art Limback, Michelle & Gregg Saxton, Chris Sochay who assisted with poster deliveries, spaghetti dinner ticket sales, collected monetary and silent auction donations. These folks along with Ian McDowell and Jennifer Strand who worked at the spaghetti dinner and bake sale.
• J & J Broadcasting for providing radio ads and a ticket sales outlet.
• Houghton Community Broadcasting for radio ads.
• Ace Hardware of Calumet for selling dinner tickets.
• Harvey Hoyum for selling dinner tickets
• Miller’s Lanes for providing a venue for dining and for preparing the spaghetti dinner.
• Tony and Jill Laidlaw of the First Baptist Church for reaching out to the congregation who provided a wonderful assortment of cookies and bars for sale at the dinner.
• First Baptist Church ladies that provided bakery for the dinner.
• Toni’s Country Kitchen for cookies at the dinner.
• Barbara King for the bakery.
• AmericInn, Copper World, Andrea DaVinci, Art Limback, and Jennifer Wetelainen for donations to the Silent Auction.
• Numerous companies and individuals who gave donations to the volunteer workers.
• Everyone that bought a spaghetti dinner ticket and/or made a donation, purchased bakery, and participated in the Silent Auction.
• Everyone that made a donation via GoFund Me.
• Everyone that made a donation to Marc at Copper Island Printing.
AND especially to Marc Norton for graciously allowing me to organize this fundraiser for his business. Each week since August 16th, I observed Marc researching, purchasing software and then working to integrate it with his printing equipment so his business could stay open through this transition. It is a privilege and a blessing to live in a community that strongly supports people when they are in need. Thank you so much!
A note from Marc:
I only hope I can conduct myself and the business in a manner worthy of the love and support the Copper Country community has shown me in this crisis. Thanks to you we are very close to being back to “normal” in our operations. We look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you again Copper Country!