Ski and Snowmobile Trail Report
Snowfall & Trails Report: January 17, 2020 Snowmobile trails are in good to very good condition throughout the Keweenaw. The cooler temperatures and light snowfall over the weekend have made for good riding conditions. Trails are groomed daily throughout the region. Trail 133 around the Gay stamp sands is closed for logging. Lake Linden and the Freda Trail (south of the Portage Lake Lift Bridge) will be closed the entire season for repair.
Snowfall & Weather Report Houghton County has received a total of 106.5″ of snow for the season and Keweenaw County has received 167.3″ of snow for the season.
• Today’s forecast: Partly cloudy skies this morning will become overcast during the afternoon. High 19F.
• Tomorrow: Snow during the morning will taper off to light snow during the afternoon. High 27F. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.
• Sunday: Mainly cloudy with snow showers around in the morning. High near 20F. Chance of snow 50%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.
• Monday: Partly cloudy skies. High 18F.
• Tuesday: Some sun in the morning with increasing clouds during the afternoon. High 24F.
Cross Country Skiing Report Churning Rapids Snow Bike – Should be decent riding on Friday before the next round of heavy snow arrives. (1/17/20) Chassell – Conditions are excellent. (1/17/20) Copper Harbor – Village and Fort Wilkins trails are in great shape. Hiking and classic skiing open for business as well as added trails for biking. (1/15/20) Eagle Harbor Township Trails – The Trails are finally groomed! (1/14/20) Maasto Hiihto/Churning Rapids – All trails rolled and an abbreviated track pattern was set. (1/16/20) Michigan Tech – All upper, lower and competition trails have been groomed and tracked this morning and are firming up very nicely. Tolkien is being groomed right now and should be completed by 11 am this morning. The trails are very fast and lots of fun so come out and ski before we get hit with another storm! (1/17/20) Swedetown – The lake effect snow that arrived overnight is now part of Swedetown trails: all trails tilled and tracked and the Snow Bike trails and Multipurpose Loops have been packed and dragged also. (1/16/20)
Downhill Skiing Mont Ripley – Open Monday through Sunday. Night skiing 5 nights a week. 20 of 21 trails open. Base of 56”. 3/3 lifts open. (1/16/20)
Mount Bohemia – Lake effect cycle is expected through Feb 1. Snowfall last 24 hours: 4” Year to date: 141” (1/15/20)