Copper Country Calendar, April 25
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., The Community Action Agency will have apples, oranges and boneless pork roast available at the CAA Distribution center loading dock. participants must show their green eligibility card.
• 7 to 9 p.m., The Michigan Department of Natural Resources will hold a Conversations & Coffee event at the Portage Lake District Library in Houghton for an informal opportunity to discuss local issues and management activities and to get specific questions answered.
• 7 p.m., The Houghton High School Drama Club will present “The Canterville Ghost”. Based on a short story by Oscar Wilde, “The Canterville Ghost” tells the story of Sir Simon Canterville, who, 400 years ago, was walled up in a room by his brothers-in-law who blamed him for their sister’s death. Because of his evil ways he was cursed to wander the halls of Canterville Chase, the secret of his release hidden in a riddle on a stained glass window in the manor.
• 7:30 p.m., MTU Choral concert at the Rozsa Center for the Performing Arts. This concert celebrates the idea of community singing with popular songs, folk songs, and art songs from many different countries and communities.
• 9 to 10 a.m., Students from the Computer Science Department at Michigan Tech will provide free tutoring at the Portage Lake District Library for beginning computer users.
• 9:30 to 12 p.m., Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America are invited to the Spring Cluster meeting that will be held at the United Lutheran Church in L’Anse. The event will include a bible study, special music and a presentation by Melissa Treadeau.
• 10:30 a.m., Grace Lutheran Church will hold a spring fun day at the South Range Elementary School gym. Children from Pre-K through sixth grade are invited to enjoy pizza, popcorn, cotton candy, games, a cakewalk, cookie decorating and prizes. All are welcome, and there is no charge. For more information, call 482-2011, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 11 a.m., The annual Sisu Shuffle will begin at U.P. Health System-Portage’s Hancock campus. The shuffle is a fun, family-oriented 5k run/walk. There is no charge, but registration is required. Registered participants are eligible to win prizes, including a bicycle.
• 11:30 a.m., The League of Women Voters of the Copper Country will hold their 59th annual meeting and luncheon at the Portage Room, Ramada Inn, Hancock.
• 4 to 7 p.m., The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is holding Eco-Fever at the BHK Child Development Center in Houghton. Participants will enjoy an educational family fun night with a nature walk, games and arts and crafts activity. Pot-luck dinner and music will be provided. For more information, contact keweenawuu.org.
• 7 p.m., The Houghton High School Drama Club will present “The Canterville Ghost” in the Houghton High School Auditorium. Tickets for the performances are $6.00 for adults and $4.00 for students and seniors.
• 7:30 p.m., Grammy and ACM Award-winner Shelby Lynne will perform at the Calumet Theatre. For more information, contact the theatre at 906-337-2610.
• 7:30 p.m., The Superior Wind Symphony presents “A Thousand Twangling Instruments.” The title is gleaned from William Shakespeare’s “The Tempest.” This event will be at the Rozsa Center for the Performing Arts.
• 2 p.m., Bells on the Bay will present its spring concert at Sacred Heart Church in L’Anse. The L’Anse school choir will also perform. Enjoy a wide variety of music. For more information, call the church at 906-524-6424.
• 2 p.m., The Houghton High School Drama Club will present “The Canterville Ghost” in the Houghton High School Auditorium. Tickets for the performances are $6.00 for adults and $4.00 for students and seniors.
• 4 to 6 p.m., Let’s Eat II free community meal will be held at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in Hancock. All are welcome to attend.
• 5 p.m., The Christopher Columbus Society will meet at the Heritage center in Calumet. For more information, call David at 337-3776.