Top FIFA officials Wenger and Grafström distance themselves from Infantino’s World Cup sell-off plan
GENEVA — Two senior FIFA executives — coaching great Arsène Wenger and CEO-like secretary general Mattias Grafström — distanced themselves Tuesday from their boss Gianni Infantino's failed plan to sell stakes in future World Cup profits to private investors. Wenger said in a statement he knew nothing of the $20 billion plan and that it was "absolutely necessary" to drop the proposal, and Grafström sent an email to all FIFA staff — seen by The Associated Press — calling the last week a "sad and reproachable series of events." He also said it created "turmoil which is ...