City of Hancock updated COVID-19 response
The City of Hancock is responding to the Coronavirus-19 pandemic with a number of precautions as recommended by federal and state officials to help prevent the spread of the virus and protect our employees and residents.
– All non-essential board and committee meetings are cancelled until further notice.
– City Council meetings will be held remotely.
– Garbage schedule remains on Monday & Wednesday at the same time..
– City offices are closed to the public for non-essential issues, but will remain staffed.
– City Hall: 482-2720 or email@example.com
– Hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– In-person by appointments only.
– City garbage bags available at Pat’s IGA, Holiday, Risto’s Keweenaw Co-op, Krist Oil
– Police Non-Emergency: 482-3102 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– Fingerprinting has been suspended effective 3/23/2020.
– Preliminary breath test PBT’s have been suspended effective 3/23/2020.
– Call 911 in case of an emergency
– Department of Public Works 482-1480 or email@example.com
– Indoor water meter reading is suspended effective 3/23/2020.
– Water meter installation suspended (unless emergency) effective 3/23/2020
– Transit Service is limited to the following to Medical Treatment/Appt, grocery stores and pharmacies
– Utility Bill Payment:
– We encourage drop box payments or credit card payments.
– Payments can be made through a drop box; exact change is encouraged. We recommend non-cash payments.
– Sign up for ACH payments (form on City website or call the office and we will email/mail you one)
– Fire Department is fully operational.
Reminder: Please refrain from flushing ‘flushable’ wipes, paper towel, or Kleenex as these are known to cause sewer issues.