Mental Health Awareness Month public program on tap Wednesday at PLDL
HOUGHTON — In recognition of Mental Health Awareness Month, a free public program about mental health services and challenges in the community will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Portage Lake District Library, 105 Huron St. in Houghton.
The program is sponsored by the Mental Health Support Group – Keweenaw Area.
Speakers include representatives of Dial Help, Copper Country Community Mental Health, Keweenaw Support 4 Healthy Minds, Unite Mental Health and Wellness, and the Mental Health Support Group – Keweenaw Area.
Each speaker will give a short talk about the focus and work of their organization. A question and answer period will follow.
In the Keweenaw, there are five main groups helping with mental health issues:
• Mental Health Support Group-Keweenaw Area provides support for people with mental health conditions and their families.
• Copper Country Community Mental Health offers treatment for mental health problems.
• Dial Help provides crisis counseling and suicide prevention services.
• Keweenaw Support 4 Healthy Minds does advocacy for mental health.
• Unite Mental Health and Wellness helps connect people with specialty mental health providers. Questions? Email: MHSG-KA@aol.com
For more information, email MHSGKA@aol.com